You already know that from me, something sweet has to be on the table, but what? So the search begins.
Rice pudding always works, but it had to be something new.
And this is what came out: rice pudding with chia seeds, walnuts and nectarine compote.
Chia Rice Pudding with Walnuts
- 1 liter milk (1.5%)
- 100 g rice pudding
- 50 g raw cane sugar
- 1-2 pkg vanilla sugar
- 3-4 tbsp chia seeds
- 3-4 tbsp walnuts (chopped)
- 4 nectarines
- 50 ml Vineyard Peach Liqueur
- 3 tbsp raw cane sugar
- Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan and rinse the rice.
- When the milk is boiling, sprinkle in the rice and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the chia seeds and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Shortly before the end of the cooking time, stir in the sugar and walnuts and season to taste.
- Remove the rice from the stove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, peel the nectarines and cut into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the sugar in a pan and heat.
- When the sugar caramelizes, deglaze with the liqueur and stir in the nectarine pieces.
- Stir until the liqueur is almost completely gone.
- Set the nectarines aside to cool as well.
- Pour the rice pudding into a nice glass, put a layer of compote on top and pour in the rice pudding again. Compote again at the end.
You can enjoy the dessert cold or lukewarm. It always tastes good, or you cook a double portion and enjoy it once warm and once cold 😉
Enjoy your meal!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings