Today I would like to introduce you to a healthy and hearty snack, cornmeal tarts.
Corn flour contains essential, i.e. vital, amino acids such as leucine, valine, phenylalanine, isoleucine and threonine.
The high proportion of roughage in cornmeal is particularly noteworthy, as it swells up in the intestines and thus contributes to good digestion. Cornmeal is also said to have blood sugar-lowering, cholesterol-lowering, and anti-inflammatory properties.
These health benefits of cornmeal were the reason my family used to serve dishes that used cornmeal very often.
- 140 g corn flour
- 200 g feta cheese
- 250 g curd cheese
- 150 ml yoghurt
- 75 g creme fraiche
- 100 ml oil
- 4 eggs size M
- 50 g cooked ham
- 1 pkg. baking powder
- 2 tbsp parsley
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until foamy.
- Add the quark, yoghurt, Creme Fresh and oil and mix until homogeneous.
- Add oil and spices and stir.
- Stir in the ham and parsley.
- Add the cornflour and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Cut the feta into small cubes and gently fold in with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into small silicone moulds. (To be on the safe side, you can brush the moulds with a little oil and dust them with maize grits).
- Place in the oven preheated to 200°C (fan oven 180°C) and bake for approx. 25 min.
You serve a great snack to the family and guests. Velvety soft dough encases fine ham, savoury feta and tender parsley.
Enjoy your meal!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings