I would like to introduce you to a healthy, simple and easily adaptable recipe with courgettes.
Good flavour, a soft skin and creamy, juicy flesh make courgettes an ideal summer vegetable. Although you can buy it all year round, it tastes best in mid-summer.
Courgettes originate from Mexico and come in many varieties, varying in shape, size, colour and flavour. The best taste comes from fruits up to 15 cm long.
Like all vegetables, courgettes also have health benefits. The energy value of 100 g raw courgette is only 16 kcal 😉.
Courgette contains 3.4% carbohydrates, 1.2% protein and 0.2% fat. Of course, they also contain minerals such as manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, iron, zinc and calcium. The same applies to the vitamins: vitamin C and vitamins of the B-complex are present.
Courgettes are also characterised by their abundance of dietary fibre.
Healthy courgette pan
- 600 g small courgettes
- 2 onions (medium size)
- 2 red peppers
- 2 large carrots
- 200 g chicken breast fillet
- 200 ml tomato sauce
- 700-800 ml hot water
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs
- 3 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1-2 tbsp paprika (sweet)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- Cut the onion, carrots and peppers into cubes.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Cut the courgettes into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the meat into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion, carrots and peppers.
- Add the garlic and sauté briefly.
- Add the meat and fry.
- Add the courgettes and fry briefly.
- Sprinkle on the paprika powder and stir.
- Stir in the tomato sauce.
- Add the spices and chopped herbs and mix.
- Deglaze with hot water.
- Cover pan and simmer over medium heat for approx. 25 min.
You serve the family a healthy courgette pan with Mediterranean character and great taste.