If you look for a recipe for pasta with garlic and oil in cookbooks or on the Internet, you will only find those with spaghetti.
Why only spaghetti? In my family we always used the pasta shape that was available.
So today my version with “other” pasta.
Pasta with Garlic and Olive Oil – Aglio e Olio
- 500 g pasta
- ½ head garlic
- 80 – 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (to taste)
- In a saucepan, cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, peel the garlic and cut into thin slices.
- In a small pan, heat the olive oil and lightly brown the garlic slices over low heat.
- Drain the noodles when they are done.
- Leave in the pot and season with salt, pepper and vegetable stock.
- Mix everything together and then pour the garlic oil over it. If you like, you can sprinkle the parsley over it and then mix everything together.
- The use of parsley is said to neutralize the unpleasant odor of garlic.
- A quick side dish or a quick vegetarian main course is ready.
Enjoy your meal!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings