There are many different rice pudding recipes. Today I want to show you my basic recipe. This recipe is the basis for many different variations that I will present to you in other posts.
Rice contains very little fat, but valuable carbohydrates that are processed more slowly by the body and therefore also make you feel full for longer. Rice not only makes you slim, but also healthy and beautiful. Rice contains many important B vitamins that are important for the skin, nerves and metabolism.
Anyone who enjoys rice pudding supplies their body with vitamins B1 and B2, potassium, magnesium and other minerals. Added to this is the healthy aspect of milk, which is: vitamins A, B, D, E and K, as well as zinc, phosphorus and iodine.
Rice pudding has around 20 grams of carbohydrates per 100 grams, but with 121 calories it is not that high. It is also one of the foods that keep you full for a long time.
Rice pudding basic recipe
- 1 liter milk (3.5%)
- 1 liter of water
- 200 g rice pudding (we always use risotto rice)
- 50 g raw cane sugar (organic)
- 3 packets vanilla sugar
- Put milk and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Rinse the rice with water.
- When the milk and water are boiling, pour in the rice and simmer on a low heat for approx. 30 min.
- Sprinkle in the two types of sugar and leave to stand for about 5 min more.
- When the rice has a nice and creamy consistency, remove from the heat.
- Cool and enjoy.
You are serving your family a great rice pudding with a subtle vanilla flavour.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings