Anti pasti or the damn tasty little things. Who doesn’t know them, they’re on every buffet, laugh at you and hey presto they’re gone, gone in your mouth. Or they’re just sitting around somewhere as a snack and before you know it, they’re gone. Long story short, they are worth sinning for.
I would like to introduce you to some of my favorites in loose succession, and today “Tomatoes with Breadcrumbs” are the first.
But before we get to the recipe, allow me a few sentences on the topic: crumbs or breadcrumbs.
Breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs are used to coat meat, fish and other fried foods, to bind fillings and the like. Breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs are made from dry white bread or dry rolls by grating and grinding.
Many probably remember it from their parents, when breadcrumbs were needed, the mother took old rolls or old bread from the cupboard and processed it into breadcrumbs or crumbs on a household grater.
And today? You can buy ready-made breadcrumbs in any store. Of course very comfortable.
Bread leftovers go in the trash. For industrially produced breadcrumbs, bread is freshly baked, dried and then ground. I don’t want to discuss how much energy is needed for this production here, everyone can make up their own minds, especially considering that hundreds of tons of bread end up in the garbage can.
But now to the recipe.
Tomatoes with crumb topping
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes
- 7 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 100 g Parmesan (very finely grated)
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs (oregano, parsley, marjoram, rosemary etc.)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable broth
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, wash the tomatoes, remove the stalk and cut into three thick slices. Place these on the baking sheet.
- Mix the chopped herbs with the olive oil and half the spices.
- Brush the tomatoes with this mixture.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the parmesan and the remaining spices.
- Then generously cover the tomatoes with it.
- Place the baking tray with the tomatoes in the oven preheated to 220°C (convection oven 200°C) and bake for approx. 15-20 minutes. The crumb cap should be a nice brown color.
The tomatoes can be enjoyed hot or cold, are quick to prepare and therefore suitable for all purposes.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings