When we harvested apples in the fall, my mother also very often made this quick cake for us. She took the recipe from her mother, as was common decades ago. Since this cake is very tasty, of course, I did not want to deprive you of this recipe.
Apples are healthy
“An apple a day-doctor saved” is a very famous saying and indeed there is a lot of nutritional value in this fruit. An average apple contains over 30 vitamins and trace elements, 100-170 milligrams of potassium and many other nutrients such as phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and iron in or under its skin. At the same time, it consists of 85% water and has only 60 kcal per 100 grams. For more information, see Apples – healthy, crunchy and delicious.
In this context, I would like to recommend the melt-in-the-mouth apple cake with coconut fat and the unique noodle-apple cake.
Coconut flakes are so healthy
Coconut flakes are rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These are essential for the functioning of our body. In addition, coconut harmonizes perfectly with apples and also gives a special taste to other combinations.
But now for the recipe.
To prepare my recipes I try to use organic products as much as possible at the moment.
Vegan apple coconut cake
- 150 g sugar
- 200 g flour (type 550)
- 150 ml mineral water
- 150 ml oil
- 2 small apples (grated)
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (alternatively vanilla sugar)
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 pkg baking powder
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes
- Wash, quarter, core, peel and coarsely grate the apple.2 small apples
- Put the sugar, oil and mineral water in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.150 g sugar, 150 ml oil, 150 ml mineral water
- Add jam and vanilla extract and mix.2 tbsp apricot jam, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir in coconut flakes.2 tbsp coconut flakes
- Add grated apples and stir to combine.
- Combine flour, baking powder and cocoa and add.200 g flour, 1 pkg baking powder, 1 tsp cocoa
- Stir until smooth and pour into a greased baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan oven 180°C). Bake the cake for approx. 30-35 min.
- Let cool and spread with the apricot jam and sprinkle with coconut flakes. Decorate as desired, arrange and serve.3 tbsp apricot jam, 3 tbsp coconut flakes
They serve the family a fine apple pie with delicate flavors of apricot, vanilla and coconut.
Bon appetite and have fun trying!
Do you like my recipe?
If this recipe, or one of the many others, has appealed to you, you have questions or helpful tips about the recipe, then leave me a comment below and rate the recipe with stars.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings