In my home country of Macedonia, we grew watermelons and other types of melon ourselves. As a result, of course, we ate melons every day during the hot summer months.
Watermelons are grown in all warm regions of the world. More than 100 million tons are grown and consumed worldwide every year. A tiny part of this unimaginable amount was used for the caramelized watermelon or for the watermelon slush.
The watermelon is a healthy all-round talent
In addition to a high content of carotenoids, these are secondary plant substances, the watermelon contains a lot of vitamin C, vitamin B1 and B6, iron, sodium and potassium and a whole range of valuable nutrients.
The watermelon helps with weight loss
31 is the number all dieters want to hear. Of course, that means 31 calories per 100 grams of watermelon. The melon is therefore lightweight and also has a great refreshing power. Ideal for the summer. Let’s enjoy watermelons.
Today I would like to introduce you to an unusual salad, a salad with watermelon.
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Olives
- 1000 g watermelon
- 100-150 g feta
- 50 g pine nuts
- ¼ cucumber
- 15 olives or pips
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar raspberry
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp papaya pepper (alternatively regular pepper)
- In a coated pan, toast the pine nuts without fat until golden brown. Set aside to cool.50 g pine nuts
- Cut the watermelon into small bite-sized cubes.1000 g watermelon
- Quarter the cucumber and cut into small pieces.¼ cucumber
- Cut the scallions into oblique rings.1 spring onion
- Cut the olives into small slices.15 olives or pips
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes as well.100-150 g feta
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with the spices, add the vinegar and oil and mix the ingredients.3 tbsp balsamic vinegar raspberry, 2-3 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp papaya pepper
- Season the fruity salad to taste, arrange and serve.
You serve a very tasty and light salad with a great variety of flavors.
Bon appetit and have fun trying it out!
Do you like my recipe?
If this recipe, or one of the many others, appealed to you, if you have any questions or helpful tips about the recipe, please leave me a comment below and rate the recipe with stars 😊.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings